Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, February 17, 2002

I got so peevish from my last post that I went into my kitchen and cleaned it. There's something energy releasing about cleaning. Sometimes if I get too freaked out, I bake because it takes alot of concentration and I lose my freaky feelings. But baking isn't very good for weight when you're the only one eating your creations. Sometimes if I bake and don't want to eat it, I take it to work. It never fails that every company I've ever been at, if you put free food in the kitchen it's gone in half an hour. What is about free food in the kitchen?

I'll try to post more stories on my ISP webpage today. There are couple of stories I finished for writing classes I've attended. Since they were assignments, the quality is not very good. But I have this new theory, that I have to write about five really bad, country song, Lifetime television or Hallmark movies (which I secretly love because they're so bad), stories before I write a story that's even semi-decent. Maybe it's true whoever said, if you read junk, you write junk. Well, I love Temptation Island 1 and 2, Lifetime television movies, Hallmark movies, Anne Rice, Stephen King and every now and then Danielle Steele (she's the best trashy writer there is), so is it any wonder I write trashy stories. I like these stories because they were good teaching tools for me and I guess I could work on them to make them better, but I want a record of my bad trashy writing so if I ever get really good and famous, which of course may be never, I can look back and see how far I've come.

There's even a story I might post which was my final in one writing class. What a final huh? Write a short story on the given topic. I got an A on that final, so I'll have to post that story. Then there's those other half written stories. One of my writing teachers, Peter at UC Extension, said that not finishing your stories is bad for you psychologically. Well, I guess I can add "not finishing stories" to my long list of what's wrong with me. Some of these story ideas started out as great ideas, but something got so lost in the execution that I'm not sure it's worth raising them from the dead. You know, how you think something is a great idea, then when you actually do it, you're like, "Oh My God, this sucks!" It's like that with some of my half written stories. Does it do anyone any good to finish really bad stories? I just don't so. Better to just chalk these stories up to "Great Idea - Bad Execution" and be done with them, and that's what I've done. These stories will always be there if for whatever reason, I "feel" like I need to finish them, but until then, I let them stay raw, bad and unfinished. Wow, I think that phrase makes for a great title for a story, "Raw Bad and Unfinished."

No comments: