Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, February 17, 2002

Okay, I just checked the TV guide. It's not Othello. It's The Italian Girl in Algiers by Rossini. How embarrassing! I think I thought it was Othello because I read article about the opera version of Othello in the Pink Section and I just assumed it was now on TV.

Speaking of The SF Chronicle, they had three essays/articles in there today that after I finished reading thought "who the fbombing hell cares!" Honestly, is it any wonder that people in the rest of the country think we're freaks. The three essays were for such stupid issues, not big issues like war or homelessness or poverty, but a stupid dumb issue that honestly only people here care about. Everyone but me that is. It's so not even worth mentioning because it is an issue that I know I have a politically incorect view about and just mentioning it makes me mad and makes me want to move to another city.

There are so many other big events affecting our lives and so many other things the newspaper could be writing about, but they devote three articles/essays to an issue the country and the rest of the world doesn't give a rat's ass about. Didn't these people, who are obviously writing to promote a point of view, take a marketing class? They really need to figure out how their cause better because the way they're doing it, just makes there cause irrelevant and I'm sure that's not their intention. Their good intentions in my humble opinion, do nothing to further their cause but instead harm it by not making it relevant to what is going on with the rest of the country and the world. It's sort of sad really because the cause has merit but not if it's being marketed by complete idiots who should know better.

No comments: