Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, February 19, 2002

Below are the results of KDFC’s most romantic classical music poll.

1. Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven
2. La Boheme - Puccini
3. Bolero - Ravel - famous for being in that old movie '10'
4. Piano Concerto #2 - Rachmaninoff - first love played this for me one night, but then he was the ultimate romantic!
5. Swan Lake - Tchaikovsky
6. O Mio Babbino Caro - Puccini - the opening song from 'A Room With a View'
7. Piano Concerto #21 - Mozart
8. Canon in D - Pachelbel
9. Scheherezade - Rimsky-Korsakov
10. Lakme: Flower Duet - Delibes
11. Paganini Rhapsody - Rachmaninoff
12. Spartacus: Adagio - Khachaturian
13. Adagio for Strings - Barber
14. Romeo and Juliet - Tchaikovsky
15. Thais: Meditation - Massenet
16. Romeo & Juliet - Berlioz
17. Tristan & Isolde - Wagner
18. Piano Concerto #1 - Chopin
19. Nocturne #2 - Chopin
20. Liebestraum - Liszt
21. Adagietto - 5th Symphony - Mahler
22. Etude in E - Chopin
23. Gymnopedie #1 - Satie
24. New World Symphony - Dvorak
25. Fantasie-Impromptu Op.66 - Chopin

I didn't think I was that into romantic music but I own a lot of the works listed, if only because I own alot of Chopin not to mention Barber, Satie, Liszt, Rachmaninoff (who doesn't own Rachmaninoff), Beethoven, Tchaikovsky and Mozart. I really am surprised by how much of this list I own because I don't consider myself a romantic at all, but this is also a list of very popular classical pieces that are played alot on the radio and used for many movie soundtracks. So maybe I'm not that romantic after all, I'm just a collector of popular classical music.

No comments: