Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, February 16, 2002

Okay, so far it looks like my archives aren't disappearing along with my posts like there were earlier. I had such a good post written earlier, so let's see if I can do this again.

No movies today. This morning I just realized I've been out every night this week so today is really my only free day. When you're out every night of the week, it's amazing how messy one's apartment gets. This is my day to clean up, put things away, decompress and just generally hang out.

I turned down a free ticket to some one-woman show tonight but that was okay. One-woman shows are usually like over extended standup routines and they're either really bad or really good. Most of the time bad. I wanted to get caught up on my Oscar movie watching this weekend, but I have until Palm Sunday March 24 to watch them all, so it's not like there's any kind of rush. But I did rent Ghost World so I'm still on track.

Seeing The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring again was great. I was able to concentrate on the special effects, costumes, makeup and the characters more. It never fails but every female friend who's ever seen this movie eventually ends up saying to me, 'Who was that blonde'. Legolas is such an elf hottie and his looks appeals to such a diverse group of women. Personally, I think it's because he's a brown eyed blondie. Such a rare coloring for men, that when you see one it stops you dead in your tracks. But he does have a very pretty face. He's so angelic looking or at least what you've been taught to believe is what angels are supposed to look like. Does this mean it's every girl's dream to have sex with an angel like Jane Fonda in Barbarella? And by the way, that angel boy was a hottie too.

It's cold out and not rainy like the weather forecasters said it would be, but I'm staying in and watching TV. The best thing about daytime TV watching on Saturday is the plethora of schlocky TV movies. There's a vampire movie marathon on AMC and right now some bad 80's movie called Fright Night is on. It's a got a really bad sound track full of synthesizer music, which means they're probably using old Prophet sythesizers, an 80's company that got bought out by I think by Sony. Madonna used them on her first reconds and the Prophets were used to make the helicopter noises in Apocalypse Now.

Roddy McDowall is in this movie and he's his dapper swishy if not a little freaked out self. It's hard to believe how many movies that guy got himself cast in, isn't it? Gotta love those Hollywood connections.

Francis Ford Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula is on next. A guy friend loves this movie for its very fine rack action scenes with Winona Ryder and that other girl and their diaphonous nightgowns. Gary Oldman is very good in this movie, but then he's good in everything. And then there's Keannu Reeves. I'd let him bite my neck any day, he's such a hottie.

No comments: