Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, April 24, 2002

I did some work with my baseball character Jimmy, and I think I kind of like him. Is that incestous of me? I mean, I'm his creator and all, so in a way I'm like his mummy, so can I be attracted to him? I sort of like that I created a male character that I wouldn't mind having a flingie with. I guess that's better than having a male character you don't really like, although I think at some point in my writing career I will have to create absolutely evil characters that I detest.

My Jimmy guy, is 6 ft 4 in, has brown eyes and is freckled with reddish blonde hair. God, I guess I had to work my current obsession for red haired men into this screenplay somehow. He's a guy-guy, he's very straight forward, shoots from the hip, pretty much says what's on his mind and is huge damned flirt. He doesn't like his women too thin, instead prefering women who are shapely with a nice rack. Jimmy like his women with long hair and he wants them to be soft spoken,. sweet and intelligent and even a little spunky. He's not like alot of guys I meet in the SF Bay Area. Jimmy excudes major masculine energy and he doesn't try to temper himself by being politically correct, in fact he's way not. He's media savvy but we were talking in private so he kind of let loose with what he was saying. He's a guy-guy. He likes women to be women and men to be men and he won't feminize himself for anyone. If people don't like him, he doesn't really care. I think he's secure enough in himself to know that sometimes people talk nonsense and it's not about him.

I asked him what he thought of me and he said I was little too intellectual for his taste but that I was really cute. Thanks Jimmy. He's the kind of guy who goes to strip clubs to have a good time and to drink beer and hang out with the fellas. He was kind of wild in college, but then he settled down and he's been faithful to his wife ever since. He's very secure in his masculinity and kind of likes the fact that other men may find him attractive. He said the guy thing just doesn't do anything for him physically, but then Jimmy admitted that in the back of his mind he sometimes thinks that being with another man might be easier, only because he doesn't understand women very much. All he knows is women like him, but he's kind of clueless as to how a woman thinks.

He knows he has problems with his temper but he says that he doesn't mean to pick fights with the guys on the baseball team. They just don't know when to stop sometimes and he's got to teach them a lesson; especially the young punks on the team.

Jimmy says his brother Michael, who's also in my screenplay, has lived in San Francisco for too long. Michael is in this own male awareness group where they take turns talking with some kind of stick and reaffirm their masculinity or some shit like that. Jimmy said that if Michael needs to reaffirm that he's a man, he should get himself over to a strip club. He hatest that Michael talks like his wife Elise, with all that psycho babble mumbo jumbo talk, but that Mchael's a great guy anyway. Jimmy says he's glad he left San Francisco when he did, otherwise he'd end up as some tree hugger passing some stupid talking stick around every week.

Jimmy likes Van Halen and Motley Crue, although he's now into this song he heard on the radio driving called "Man in a Box" by Alice in Chains. He says he feels like he's a man in a box sometimes and can relate to the song lyrics, plus the song has some great guitar riffs.

I think I need to more character work on Jimmy and find out if he has any secrets, which I'm sure he does. He's a charming kind of guy, so he seems to very good at dodging questions. Then I think I need to do some character work on the Dad character, the wife, and the brother Michael, maybe even the mom. I might just do a little work on Michael wife and the three kids.

It's kind of fun to do character work because then the characters have voices and personalities and they flirt with you, well Jimmy did anyway. But then, I kind of see him as sort of ladies' man anyway. He's a ball player and he's got game, so he's had women hanging all over him all his life. I guess I was just one more. Better yet, I'm the woman telling the story of part of his life. What more could a fictional guy-guy character want?

No comments: