Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, April 14, 2002

Other mundane topics. I still can't decide which Palm to get, either a 505 or a 130. Or should I save the $100 and get a Vx like the on a friend of mine has. Do I really need color and an an place to stick an addon file?

Or now I'm thinking, maybe I should get one of the Palm knock offs like a Handspring Visor or something. I haven't even started researching those options yet.

The only this is certain is I want to spend as little money as possible, just in case I find out like so many of my friends have, that I don't even used the damned thing. I have so many friends who bought the latest and greatest most expensive palm pilots, only to find out later they hated it and missed pen and paper. Maybe they can afford to have a $300 and up little paperweight sitting on their desk, but I can't.

I called LG electronics on Thursday and found out I can upgrade my LG Phenom express to windows ce 2.2. Thank god. I was started to get so depressed about my little toppie. I love the size of it. I can just stick it in a bag and not a big bag either and take it with me to write anywhere. Hell, I've written at movie theaters and even on MUNI. The battery life is better than I thought it would be too. I was at a cafe a couple of weeks ago and I wrote in there for two hours, despite my batteries only being 30%. That's a long time.

I needed to upgrade the toppie so I could surf the net with it when I travel. My stupid ISP only works with windows ce 2.1 and up. I wish I'd thought of these things before I changed my ISPs, but who can plan for these issues. I thought I'd want to buy a real laptop too, and not a baby one. But these baby laptops are so much more convenient to carry around and cheaper too. It's so small, you don't have to worry about it being stolen. I keep in my travel cd holder, which normally hold 48 cds. That's how small it is. The keyboard is about 78% of normal size but I have small hands anyway and don't have a problem typing. Now if only I can upgrade my ISP to the right plan to use my windows CE machine, I'd be set for life. But upgrading my ISP, that's a whole other can of worms that I won't be able to deal with till May 19.

No comments: