Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, April 21, 2002

I went to a spiritualist church on Franklin at Van Ness today with my englishi friend Eileen. They do John Edwards style readings and I wanted to find out if I would get a message from Amy. When you walk in, you write a question down and if you're lucky one of the mediums will pick your question.

Lucky for me, my question was picked. My question was, how Amy was doing on the other side. The medium said that she was fine and the message from Amy was to be good and kind to my other friends. Not exactly what I thought I might hear, but I was happy to know that she was okay and happy in the spirit world.

I speeded up the timeline for my screenplay since I decided I wanted everyone in class to review it before the class ended. That meant I had to write 15 scenes this week, since if I was a on a five week schedule I would have finished scene 36. My previous schedule had me writing about 10 scenes a week and as of Monday, I was on scene 21. That's alot of scenes.

It was such hard work, especially since I was on a lazy fit on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I just couldn't bring myself to sit down and write. But I started on Friday and wrote three scenes. On Saturday night I wrote six scenes and tonight I just finished writing six scenes. I got so confused with my scenes because I changed my beat sheet and outline so many times that it took me half an hour to figure out at the end, exactly how many scenes I'd written. I've really got to do my outline and beat sheet over.

My scenes seem to be getting better. They're shorter, full or more action and my dialogue I think, is sharper and more concise. I'll find out tomorrow when I go to class. I've still got to rewrite the first father son scene tomorrow, but I can do that on my lunch break tomorrow. I'd like to start with that scene and what follow afterwards to be read in class.

I'm trying to force myself to get used to this critique thing. It's hard as hell since my write ego is so fragile, but maybe I can toughen myself up if I just do it all the time. Does the fear ever go away I wonder? I hope so.

No comments: