Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, April 22, 2002

I'm bored with my screenplay. I'm half way through writing it and I just want to finish it and get it over with. I like it but I don't think anyone else will and you know what, I don't care. My baseball son story had to get out and I'm glad it's in a cinematic form, instead of a short story. I just hope I do justice to my Jimmy character. I hope at the end of the screenplay he finds peace when his father dies. He's lucky too, because I'm letting him have peace with his father before he dies. I never got to do that with my dad. Funny thing is, part of me now knows it doesn't make a difference whether you make peace with your parent before they die or years after. The main thing is to make the peace.

Maybe that's the lesson of this story. For years I kept thinking if I had only made peace with my father before he died, maybe my life would have been really different. I now know that I was just making an excuse for not taking charge of my own life. I did make peace with my father's death eventually, but not till three years later and I guess it's still not resolved because here I am still writing about a child and dying father.

I really want to finish my S&M novel, Following in the Dark, and my play, Bare Trees in Winter. These two stories will be my summer projects. Then I want to write my children's story, Missy Dreams of Ducka.

Only then will I be to start working my Elf Girl stories. Dare I take on writing a JRR Tolkien type of story? My stories will be aimed for children 12 - 15, so they will be much simpler. I see them as cross between the Harry Potter stories and the JRR Tolkien stories.

I think to get the right amount of detail, I'm going to have read all the JRR Tolkien stuff, especially his 12 books about middle earth. The Elf Girl stories will not be a quick project, but will probably take years. God, how do you imagine a world like that? Where Elf People have 12-strand DNA instead of 2-strand DNA? How do you imagine a war between the human race and the rest of the creatures that inhabited the earth in Lemurian and Atlantean times?

The crux of the stories will be the school the Elf Girl goes to, along with all the children of non-humans, to develop their powers. The battle scenes will also be important because the Elf Girl will lead the non-human creatures against the humans. And then there's the scenes of her capture and torture by the humans and the humans wiping out the elf kingdom, the fairy kingdom, the wee people kingdom, the dwarf kingdom, the mer people kindgom and the rest of the fantastical creatures of the earth. And how do I depict the human cursing the other races so when they do reincarnate, they always reincarnate as humans? And I forgot, before they curse them and turn everyone into subhumans, they enslave them and use their powers for evil and cause the pole shift, which wipes out all the last remaining traces of the kingdoms of the fantastical races.

I'm just beginnig to get the inklings of these stories, but as long as I have all these other stories unwritten, I cannot start on my new stuff.

No comments: