Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, April 30, 2003

I am bad. I get hooked on TV shows when I should be packing up my apartment and getting ready for my move.

I started watching "Manor House", and now I can't help it. I have to see it all the way to the end. The last episode is tonight, thank goodness.

My favorite character is Kenny the cute young hall boy. The boy says the funniest things. He's got a thing going with the scullery maid, and here's what he said about her.

"She's a stunner, a real fetching (sounded like catching) bird." At first I thought he said "catching bird", and I'm like driving to work thinking "what the heck is a catching bird". Now I think he really said "fetching bird", and that makes more sense. "Bird" is cockney for girl.

I like the kitchen maid as well, although I can't rememer her name. She said if she was alive during Edwardian times, she would have chosen to be prostitute because at least she'd be on her back all the time and her feet and body wouldn't hurt.

No comments: