Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, April 25, 2003

I got sucked into watching "Helen of Troy". It was filmed in Malta, which looks like a such a great place to visit.

The show reminded me I've had a hankering to restudy the greek dramas for about three years now. I read them all in college, but that was so long ago that I've forgotten most of them. A screenwriting book I read said that if you want to write a good screenplay, you should first study greek plays.

I'm not taking any classes this summer, so maybe I could do a self study of all the greek plays, all the other greek books I've never read like Herodotus, Cicero, Virgil, Ovid and Plutarch, and review the ones I've read like Homer and Plato.

It will be fun to be immersed in ancient greek literature for the summer. Then maybe I'll be inspired to read a book I've always wanted to read, "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire".

No comments: