Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Is the universe standing in the way of my move? I'm supposed to half move this weekend, and there's this huge storm due in tomorrow night. The cable TV person is coming on Saturday to set up my cable at my new apartment, and turning off the cable in my old apartment. The phone guy is set to be at the new place on Monday to hook up the phone, and turn off the old phone. But the movers aren't coming till next Friday.

I should have moved this Friday, but the office is closing on Friday and it felt weird not be here to say goodbye to everyone. Starting Monday I'm officially supposed to start working from home, except I took Monday off because the phone guy is coming over.

I wanted to spend Friday night sleeping in my new place, and move over what I need for the week before the movers arrive on Friday. What a drag though to move your stuff in the rain. I need to move as much as I can over the weekend, because my only free nights next week are Tuesday and Thursday.

How did I do all of this in the past? I don't think I had as much stuff as I do now. My stuff all has to be in boxes for the movers, and getting everything into a box is so hard. There is just so much stuff. I've made two trips to Uhaul to buy boxes, and I still don't have enough. I was even able to obtain four boxes from work yesterday, but I still need more boxes.

I'm moving my clothes in suitcases, and just putting the clothes on hangers into a garbage bag and taking them over to the new place. But there's only so much you can do each night after work. I wish I could justify hiring people to pack for me, but it's just too expensive. I don't mind paying for movers, but it feels wasteful to have a company pack up my personal stuff. Still if I had the extra cash, I think I'd do it because I'm getting so sick of moving.

My worst nightmare is I'll need something that I've packed away in a box, and I won't remember which box I put it in. Then I'll be tempted to open up each box to find what I need.

This is why moving is so stressful and traumatic. There's just too much to do and there doesn't seem to be enough time to do it all in. And it's even worse when the weather doesn't cooperate.

No comments: