Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, April 22, 2003

So I went to my chiropractor today and I told him about my car accident. He doesn't think I have any serious injuries, but he wants to do a full exam and give some ultrasound treatment. I just have to call my insurance agency to find out if they're going to pay for it.

He adjusted my neck, and my neck pain went away. But when he touched my right shoulder, it was very painful and bruised.

The funny thing is I wanted to quit going to my chiropractor and try another person. My other chiropractor, who is the only person I would drive all to Berkeley to see, told me that he didn't think my San Francisco chiropractor was very good. The SF chiropractor has never been able to release my hips, and I know it can be done because my former chiropractor used to do it. I wish I had kept on with him.

I was going to use the excuse of moving to stop seeing the SF chiropractor, but when I told him he got kind of upset. I chickened out and told him I would keep seeing him, especially now that he's treating me because of the car accident. He said I would only need a few treatments.

I'm such a wimp, but I didn't have the heart to just tell him he's not doing a good job. What could I say? My other chiropractor in Berkeley who has a posh office across from the Claremont Hotel thinks you suck rocks.

I rationalized my behaviour by telling myself that I get what I pay for, and since my SF chiropractor's services is contracted through my HMO I only pay $10. My Berkeley chiropractor costs about 10 times more that, so of course Mitchell is like 10 times better right? My Berkeley guy is also a kinesiologist, and his skill set is very different and more expensive.

I think just to be safe, I'll see my Berkeley chiropractor after I finish the car accident treatment with my SF chiropractor. I have money set aside in a pre-tax flexible spending medical account, and that money pays for dental and medical services not covered by my insurance.

I guess the good news is my body wasn't seriously injured by the car accident, which I kind of knew but was worried about anyway. Everyone I know who has been in a car accident, has had their bodies seriously messed up for life. I have a friend who was in a car accident when she was little, and she swears to me that her body is still messed up because of it. Another friend was in a serious car accident in high school, and he throws out his back constantly.

I guess only time will tell. I was in a playground merry go round accident when I was around 10 years old, and I swear my left hip still hurts to this day. I was playing chase master on the merry go around with friends, while it was spinning. I fell and my left leg got caught underneath it and all I remember is being dragged round and round, and feeling like my left leg was being pulled out of its socket. I think the accident permanently lengthened my left leg and I've had hip pains ever since. I definitely don't need another nagging little pain in my body.

No comments: