Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, April 25, 2003

I picked up my new apartment keys this morning, and I was planning on spending Sunday moving a few things over to the new place after church, but I forgot that I bought tickets to attend a workshop at the New Living Expo.

I love the New Living Expo. It's like a fair for new age living with over 250 exhibitors, over 150 speakers, natural foods dining, expo bookstore, all connecting body, mind and spirit. I especially like visiting all the exhibits. All the alternative cures and vitamin people will be there, the crystal people, healers; it's new age california woo woo galore.

I also forgot that after the Sunday church service, the deacons have an ice cream social, which is always held on the Sunday after Easter. It's a deacon fundraiser, and a way I think to celebrate all the restrictions churchgoers have put on themselves for Lent, like Lent is over so now you can eat and enjoy yourselves. I'll definitely have to attend this event, even though I'm not a big ice cream eater since I'm supposedly allergic to dairy products. Ice cream gives me a runny nose.

Saturday is another busy day. I have to go to the chiropractor for another ultrasound treatment, and then I have to go to the dentist so he can looked at my cracked filling. I was hoping to spend the rest of Saturday relaxing, but with my Sunday now booked, I may move some stuff late Saturday afternoon instead. The electricity won't be turned in the new place until May 1, so if I move anything it has be during the day while there's still light. I'm definitely going over tonight after work, to measure the rooms so I can figure out where my furniture needs to go. I'll probably start moving some of my office stuff to my new place, just to start that process as well.

OY!!! It's already started raining too! Such yucky weather for an April, but I don't mind because it's been a dry year and we definitely need the rain.

No comments: