Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, April 26, 2003

So my busy Saturday continues. I bought a futon cover for my futon so it won't get too dirty when the movers take it to the new place. The sales guy made a sales pitch for buying my bed at his futon shop. He had a futon which I really liked the feel of, and which looked great sitting on a bed frame since it's shaped like a regular mattress. He also had a cherry wood bed frame that with free delivery, which costs about the same as the one I was thinking of getting at Ikea.

I have slept on a futon for years, and now I'm used to very firm mattresses with no give. I don't know if I could go ever go back to sleeping on a regular mattress. I think the reason I rarely have back problems, unlike most of my friends, is because I sleep on a hard as the ground futon.

I have one of those old fashioned japanese futons, which my friend says is basically like sleeping on a wooden plank. I really like it though, and can't imagine sleeping on anything else.

I wasn't planning on buying a bed until the end of year, but the futon guy is selling the futon bed I tested for 50% off. It's so tempting. I told him I was moving, so he said I could put 20% down, and pay it off in three months. It's tempting, but after the cash outlay for my car accident, the thought of plunking down another $1,000 for the futon and frame in three months is just too much for my finances right now.

It's not like I don't have a bed, because I do, but I was thinking of buying a new bed and frame, just not until the end of year. My intuition tells me to wait. It's a Mercury retrograde, I haven't even gone to check out the regular mattress stores, and I think if the economy keeps tanking the way it is, by the end of year, I'll be able to get the same deal.

Now, I'm off to Union Square to get my hair trimmed, and to see my dentist about my tooth that's about to come apart from my cavity. I'll check out all the stores as well, and look at couches and bathroom accessories.

It's only 12:30 pm and I'm exhausted. I've been running errands since 9 am, and I still need to make a trip to the new place tonight to move some fragile items. By the time the day is over, I'll be ready for bed I think.

No comments: