Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

My stupid new GSM wireless phone doesn't seem to work very well. For the first time since I've had my wireless service, I had dropped calls. I hate that! I should have stuck to my more expensive plan, but I wanted to save some money. Sometimes saving money is not the best decision. The stupid phone doesn't even work in my room. What's the point of having a cell phone if you can't use it.

I really hate my job right now. It's hard to train people on what you've been doing for the last four years. I can only teach the basics because that's what we have time for, and it comes across as idiot work. Whatever. I'd like to see my replacement spend months developing a project from scratch and improving on it.

I overhead the two guys I'm training saying something like my work was so easy. That made me so mad. They also kept saying how I should have automated my work, but I'm like who has time. Then I went to lunch with this friend I know from the offfice, and I told what the guys said. She said that that the guy's been saying for a year how he's going to automate his own work, but that he's never done it.

So I'm like, how dare that guy diss on me for not automating my work. Whatever. I came back to my hotel room feeling totally horrible about my intelligence, my work habits and my job skills. I don't know what to think. I know what one of the guys does, and I don't think it takes a ton of brain power to do his job either.

When he was going to train me, he said it took a week to do this one task. I looked at the task and thought, what the heck is this guy talking about. It only takes two days at the most to do it. So I'm like, you know that guy can think what he thinks because it's not like he's any better.

I hate when I get affected by people at work. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but it has. I don't even think I want to do consulting for these people. I feel so stupid for even offering it, even though financially it's a great idea for me. But I'm like if they say no, I'll be so relieved. I can't wait until I sever my relationship totally with this crazy company.

No comments: