Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, February 21, 2005

It was a work holiday today, but I woke up early to take my car into the shop to get my right headlight fixed since it was out. I thought there were going to charge me a ton for it and I was going to have a wait a long time, but they got it done in an hour. Times must be tough at my car dealership when they're handing out roses to their customers to thank them for taking their car in for repair. In the five years I've been dealing with them, they've never been that nice.

Then I was off doing errands all morning. I went to Target to buy some cleaning supplies and ended up with a new lamp and Brita water filter to fit over my faucet. I've been wanting a Brita filter for my kitchen faucet for a long time, and when I saw it on sale I had to buy one. I also ended up with a new paper shredder, since I burnt out the small one I had. So much for just picking up a few things at Target.

Then I went to pick up gas at $2.09 a gallon, and I'm thinking to myself I'm so glad I don't drive to work anymore. Gas is so expensive! I wonder how families with huge gas eating cars are doing with these gas prices. They're only going to go up too, and not go down.

I love Target so much! They've always had great stuff, and now they're stuff is so much better because they do knockoffs of the merchandise at stores like Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel. Since I regurlarly browse in these kinds of stores, I know an imitation when I see one. And Target does it for much cheaper and unless you're really looking close, sometimes you really can't tell the difference between the merchandise.

I actually saw a quilt I liked at Target. I've been wanting to change my bed quilt for a long time, and just can't seem to find a pattern I liked. Target had a lovely quilt, but only one pillow sham. I would have had to go to another store to find a second pillow sham, and I decided it wasn't worth the bother on the holiday even at Target's oh so cheap prices.

Then it was off to the mall to visit Nordstrom to buy some makeup, and then I was supposed to go to Macy's to buy a thank you present for someone but I decided it was better to buy it online so I could have the online retailer mail it for me, so I would one less errand to do.

And then it was back home to do my cleaning chores that I skipped all weekend, so much for a fun three days off from work.

Does it seem like the economy is really bad to you? It does to me. I don't think people are buying as much stuff, and shoppers aren't certainly out in droves like they used to be for a holiday. But I did my part today to support our consumer driven economy and came home with a ton of stuff.

Sometime I hate that I love to shop. I have so much stuff, and I keep buying more of it. I feel like paring down my stuff and just throwing everything out. I just threw out out a $80 shirt I bought years ago because it was looking frayed. I could have fixed, but I haven't worn it in five years and it's not really my style anymore.

I want to go through my whole closet and throw everything out, and just start from scratch. But it takes money to do that, and I really can't afford it right now. Besides I feel really fat right now, and I know I shouldn't be shopping for clothes until I lose some weight. I'm just so sick of all of my clothes right now.

No comments: