Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, February 18, 2005

I've been in a weird mood lately. Everyone at work has been out with the flu, and I've been tired and feeling like I'm fighting the flu as well.

I've been sleeping a ton which is weird, because I am usually a total insomniac and can only sleep for 5-6 hours at at time. Not anymore. Who knew I could sleep so much and not feel tired during the day?

My anxiety is back, but kind of at a low level. It was gone all of January it seemed and now it's back, or trying to come back. Every day it feels like something is going to happen, but nothing ever does. Just little things the right headlight going out in my car over the weekend, and then on Tuesday I lost one of the books for my greek drama class and had to repurchase the book.

I went out with a really good friend of mine on February 5, and we bopped around and went to the Asian Antique Art Show and then to China Town for the Flower Fair for Chinese New Years. I had a great time with her, but then I got kind of bummed when she told me she called her wedding off.

My friend told me she's been in love for like two years and last fall got engaged with a $6K platinum diamond engagement ring and wedding planned for June. I've been really sort of jealous only because I was wishing it could happen to me. But now the whole thing is off and my friend is freaking out because the guy is like living with her, and she doesn't know what to do with him. She loves him and all, but is having serious doubts about marrying him.

She had a laundry list of his faults, and I kept saying to her "didn't you notice these things in the two years you were together?" and she said no. It's only been since the engagment that she's noticed what an unsuitable partner he is. Part of her misery is driven in part by the fact that she's unemployed. It's amazing how lack of money can really put a damper on your life. But part of it is, and I didn't want to tell her this from the beginning, that he really is opposite to any guy she's told me she's ever dated. Her fiance is so not her type, and I knew that when I met him but I kept my mouth shut because she seemed so in love and like I was anyone to give advice to my best friend on being in love.

But like any good friend, I told her to stick with him because she loved him and maybe when she got her finances in better shape he wouldn't be so bad. And besides, breaking up is hard and painful especially if you've been living with a guy for over two years. I didn't know what else to say.

No comments: