Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, December 14, 2023

 Day 346 Bible Reading (ESV) 

Esther 4: 14

“For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”

I love this line from Esther 3! Mordecai is speaking to his sister Esther and tells her that if she keeps silent, God will send help from another person, but she will perish. But perhaps you have become queen of the land so you can help the Jews escape death.

I know sometimes when I think about doing something, the thought always occurs to me that I do nothing then someone else will surely say or something. But then guilt washes over me and I think, is that bad karma if I do nothing? Will is perish for not taking action or speaking? Then another thought comes into my head that says “maybe I was put into the position precisely because I was meant to do something about it. I have all this power and maybe I can put the power to good use.

It's such an interesting line “And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” I don’t think we can really know what our role is in life. We need to pray to God and wait for him to let us know or send a sign to guide our way. It is seductive to think I was born to be do something, but I think until one checks in with God, one has to cautious and always try to discern what role God wants us play in this world.

No comments: