Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, December 23, 2023

Day 355 Bible Reading

Psalm 145: 14-15 (ESV)

“The Lord upholds all who are falling and raises up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food in due season.”

I like these lines from Psalm 145, but I often wonder about the last phrase of Line 15 – “you give them their food in due season.” I know in my greatest moments of doubt, I wonder does God hear my prayers? Does he understand my misery? Will he ever answer my prayers and give me what I want, especially when it comes to my health. But I am reminded that I am but a very, very tiny part of his kingdom. I have a role to play, and I am most of the time unaware of how my role affects others, how they further the plan he has in my mind for all us. God has his own timing, his own season, his own reasons for how and why he does things. We may only know in hindsight that the timing of when God answered our prayers was perfect and happened at exactly the right time and place. But until the insight of time and hindsight comes, we must have faith that God will respond to our prayers, and whatever the response is, it is always for the best and to fulfill God’s plan for this world.

No comments: