Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, December 18, 2023

No Bible reading reflection today. I read Malachi, Revelations 6, and Psalm 143 but nothing really stood out for me. 

I did however hear a sermon today where the pastor said that the believer’s responsibility is obedience to God and God’s responsibility is to the outcome. This is a hard one for me because I was taught to be responsible for the outcome of my actions. But if I want to truly rely on God then I have to surrender control over what actions I take, so I can be instrument for God and he can use me however he sees fit. I might not know the game plan of what he’s trying to do in the world, but I can let myself be used to fulfill his plan. I have such a hard time with the surrender part, but I think I am starting to see that maybe surrender will make my life easier because I know I can control my actions. What makes life so frustrating for me is I cannot control anything else. But if I surrender to God, perhaps I can let go of the frustrations in my life because it’s not my responsibility to control anything other than my own actions. 

No comments: