Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, December 24, 2023

 Day 356 Bible Reading

Revelation 14: 12

“Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.’

This line from Revelation 14 spoke to me today. While in prayer this year, I heard a message from God to eat like the folks in the Old Testament which would mean to adhere to Kosher laws. My first reaction was like, Okay, no big deal. I can keep Kosher laws. But it was a big deal for me. Keeping  kosher laws meant that I could no longer eat pork, and that meant no bacon. I was kind of bummed out. I love bacon and eat it every weekend. But after much searching, I was able to find beef bacon so I’m back to eating bacon. But no pork also meant no sausage unless it was beef sausage. Not a big deal, until I realized I couldn’t eat salami, meatballs at Italian restaurants since they have sausage, and other dishes that have sausage. Still trying to deal with this one. But with New Year coming up, I find myself bummed out again. I have eaten lobster on New Year’s eve and day for years. But shellfish is not Kosher, so no shrimp either or calamari. I grew up eating shrimp and calamari! Both items are comfort food for me. Keeping Kosher law that God requested of me this year has become an endurance. Giving up these foods I know is a small thing for God to ask of me, but on some level I see as an endurance as well. I think God asked me to keep Kosher law to test my level of obedience. Could I do what God asked me to do? So far I have, but it is hard for me and I have to pray constantly to God for help and advice on what I can and can’t eat.

No comments: