Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, December 25, 2023

Day 357 Bible Reading

Psalm 146: 3-4 (ESV)

“Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation. When his breath departs, he returns to the earth; on that very day his plans perish.”

I was struck by this Bible passage when I read from Psalm 146. It made me think of all the people I’ve worked with at corporations where I saw fellow employees put all their trust in their boss. They supported their bosses 100% and were rewarded with promotions if that boss was promoted. But as soon as their boss left the company, their good fortune seemed to leave them. I’ve seen new vice presidents come in and bring their friends and former co-workers to replace the heads of the departments that reported to them. I also think of myself as an example where I put my trust in someone only to be very disappointed. I’m not saying you cannot put your trust in anyone, but like the writer of Psalm 146, I think it would be a mistake to put all your trust in one person. The only person who is 100% deserving of our trust is Jesus Christ. He is there from the beginning of our lives and will be there until the end when we take our final breath. He will never leave us, never depart from us, and always love us.

No comments: