Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, February 03, 2024

Day 32 Bible Reading

Job 22-24, Matthew 21: 18-32, Psalm 18: 7-15

Job 23: 8-9 (ESV)

“Behold, I go forward, but he is not there, and backward, but I do not perceive him; on the left hand when he is working, I do not behold him; he turns to the right hand, but I do not see him.”

Verses 8 and 9 from Job 23 made me feel for Job. I understand his suffering because I have gone through it myself. When I was in a dark season and going through the things and events that life sometimes brings you and the world seemed dark, I wondered where was God in all of my suffering? In the dark hole I was in, I felt like I couldn’t feel God nor hear him, even though I was crying out for him. And I felt the kind of pain that made me double over and sob. The kind of pain that made me rock back and forth like a baby trying to somehow comfort myself. And I remember hearing ever so faintly a voice in my head that I associate with the Holy Spirit saying “Everything will be okay. Everything will be all right.” So even when I felt like I was in the darkest of dark holes, Christ reached out to me and sent me a lifeline of hope. I was comforted as only someone with faith in Christ can be comforted, and I was grateful that God had heard me and responded.

No comments: