Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Day 42 Bible Reading

Exodus 9 & 10, Matthew 69-75, Matthew 27: 1-10, Psalm 22: 1-11

Psalm 22: 1-2 (ESV)

“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer, and by night, but I find no rest.”

Verses 1 to 2 from Psalm 22 has probably been uttered by every Christian at some point in their life. Christ himself quoted verse 1 from Psalm 22 from the cross. Thoughts like these come up when we are going through a dark season in our life, and we don’t hear an answer from God. Our patience is stretched thin and we come to this dark place where we have the greatest doubt in God. Our faith is being tested as we wait to hear from God. I know I have had these thoughts many times. The only thing that saves me is when I remember how many times God has been faithful to me and answered my prayers. I think it’s the waiting that gets us. I was listening to a commentary on Exodus about the plagues and scholars have said the plagues took place over a year. Moses had to wait a long time to accomplish this first part of his mission. The silence also gets us as well, at least it does me. If I don’t get a hint of an answer from God, I feel abandoned. The patience and the silence engender feelings of extreme abandonment in me. In these times, I have to cling to faith as hard as I can, like a drowning person trying to keep above the water. But God always comes through, even though it seems to take a long time.

No comments: