Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, February 24, 2024

Day 53 Bible Reading

Exodus 31 & 32, Mark 6: 30-56, Psalm 28

Mark 6: 48-50 (ESV)

“And he saw that they were making headway painfully, for the wind was against them. And about the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. He meant to pass by them, but when they saw him walking on the sea they thought it was a ghost, and cried out, for they all saw him and were terrified. But immediately he spoke to them and said, “Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid.””

Something about these verses from Mark 6 struck me today. It must have been so terrifying for the disciples to see Christ walking on the water. But then Jesus says to his disciples, “Take heart, it’s me. Do not be afraid.” Wouldn’t it be so amazing to hear the voice of Christ crying out to us when we are in scary situation? I was trying to remember if I was ever in a scary situation and praying to hear God’s voice, but getting to scary situations isn’t a normal event for me. The last situation I was in where I think I had some fear was the first time I drove cross country, which was six years ago. I had mapped out my route so I knew where I was going and the route, but I had never driven over two days by myself to another state. I have friends who do it all the time over the holidays, when they drive cross country to visit parents. My cousin drove from California to New Jersey by herself to visit her parents, and she was under 21 years old. I was so proud of her. I’m not sure I could make that same trip, because I have fears of travelling alone in my car for that many days. But if I did make a similar trip like my cousin, it would be so cool to hear the voice of Christ telling me not be afraid because he is with me and guiding me the whole way.

No comments: