Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Day 56 Bible Reading

Exodus 37 & 38, Mark 8: 1-38, Psalm 30: 8-12

Mark 8: 33 (ESV)

“But turning and seeing his disciples, he rebuked Peter and said, “Get behind me, Satan! For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.””

I’ve always found verse 33 from Mark 8 very interesting. When I read his passage, I always think of Peter as just being mindful of any harm coming to Jesus and warning him. When Christ scolds him, it makes me realize that a person can so easily and unwittingly be used by Satan. God can do all things, but Satan whispers doubts in our ears and make us wonder if God is really that powerful even though we have evidence as did Peter to the contrary. We have always remind ourselves if our thoughts and words are contrary to the truth we know about God and the Christ.

No comments: