Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, February 16, 2024

Day 45 Bible Reading

Exodus 15 & 16, Matthew 28: 1-20, Psalm 23: 1-6

Psalm 23: 1-4 (ESV)

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”

Psalm 23 verses 1-4, some would say, are the most recited lines from the Old Testament. I love the imagery of God’s people being sheep, and God as the good shepherd. This is a God that give us a good place to sleep and takes us to water to drink. But this is also a God who restores our soul and makes us feel less fearful as we face death, and protected as well. I have recited Psalm 23 many times when I’ve needed comfort from the Bible. Someone should do a survey of how many times Psalm 23 is recited in a movie or tv show, because I bet that number will be high.

No comments: