Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, February 23, 2024

Day 52 Bible Reading

Exodus 29-30, Mark 6: 1-29, Psalm 27: 7-14 

Mark 6: 11 (ESV)

“And if any place will not receive you and they will not listen to you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet as a testimony against them.””

I like Verse 6 from Mark 6 because it reminds me that I may not be liked wherever I go. We’ve been taught that everyone is supposed to like us and if they don’t, then there is something wrong with us. Here Jesus is saying to his disciples if people do not receive or like you, move on and don’t worry about it. Remember the parable of the sower. Not everything you say will take root. But you must keep sowing. But be kind and treat them well. This is a good reminder when telling someone you are a Christian. You many not be received with kindness, but that is okay. Shake off the dust and move on.

No comments: