Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, June 03, 2002

I think I must be more of a romantic than I thought, because I just rented and watched the movie Serendipity and totally loved it. It's so sappy but so damned romantic. I love the concept of the universe giving you signs to show you who you're supposed to spend the rest of the life your with. Not sure if I believe in the concept that there's only one true love for you, because then the theory begs the question, well, what happens if you don't find that one special person. Does this means you're screwed forever and will live a life of patheic loneliness?

John Cusak looked very thin and very young. I think he's older than 35, the age he's supposed to be in the movie, so maybe the film makers made him lose weight. Cusak is usually very appealing and he was, but I couldn't take my eyes off the veins bulging in his neck. He was definitely way too thin. He looked much better in that movie Grosse Point High with Minnie Driver. He looked more muscular and more like a normal guy.

Kate Beckinsale was her usual cute self, although she looked very thin. Maybe she always was really thin and I just never noticed it before. God, who was the freak that played her new age boyfriend. He was so scary with his bushy long hair and asian outfits. Total pig of a guy masquerading as a SNAG - the sensitive new age guy. His character should serve as a warning to all women. Just because they're SNAGs, doesn't mean they won't treat you like shit and be a total chauvanistic pig to boot.

Somehow John Cusak's character doesn't come across as a SNAG. He's more like a overgrown confused college boy, which has its own appeal. But Cusak has never been a SNAG in any of his movies, although his body proportions in his movie was screaming SNAG.

I also rented K-PAX which I actually enjoyed. The funniest bit was when they were driving to the space observatory and Kevin Spacey saw a balloon with an alien on it. How funny is that. Then Spacey watched the alien balloon flying up to the sky. I was laughing out loud.

Spacey is such a technically brilliant actor and god, there's just something very charismatic about him, even if you couldn't see his eyes for most of the movie. It was all in his voice. He's like a voice out of the Jetsons. Cosmic.

Jeff Bridges was his usual confused self. Typical for him. I think his best portrayal was in The Fabulous Baker Boys.

Even the ending of K-PAX was interesting. It really made you think. Did Spacey take over the body of the killer and use it for his own. And if he did, then that explains the theory of alien possession. But if he didn't, then the crazy killer guy has one hell of an imagination. But then how do you explain Spacey's ability to see ultraviolet light and him stumping the astrophysicists. And what happened to the woman in the who couldn't speak?

I loved all the crazies in the movies. There were so appealing and funny. I felt there characters were written with such compassion and humor. I loved when the crazies saw the blue bird of happiness and how excited they were. I love it when I see blue birds, which I also call blue birds of happiness. Does this mean I'm like one of the crazies in the movie? Isn't it scary when you see behaviour that you do done by crazy people in movies? Does this mean if a movie was ever going to be produced about your life, that you'd be portrayed as a crazy person in an asylum or if not, your behaviour would remind people of how crazy people are portratyed? I really liked the crazy people and totally empathized with them. What this empathy means I don't know.

I really liked the soundtrack for the movie. I loved all those Nick Drake songs. Maybe I need to buy that retrospective of Nick Drake, the singer from the VW commercials. I don't really like his kind of music, but they were very appealing in this movie.

I wonder if the universe will lead me and show me the signs to my soul partner for life. I hope so. That would be so cool. I think I need signs because I'm catholic and well catholicism is all about signs, or at least that's they teach you or what I got anyway. I believe so totally in signs and if I don't get signs, I so don't believe what's going on or at least I don't believe they're not really ordained by god. So I totally need my signs, especially when it comes to love.

No comments: