Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

As much as I bitch and moan about my red-haired guy, I am so glad he's in my life. He's been one learning lesson after another for me. I've learned so many things about myself in my dealings with him. And he really lets me by myself without judgement, and I'm learning to appreciate things about myself that I didn't know were good qualities.

Like how I chased him down. What a great balm I must be to this guy's ego, because I so chased him down and made him think he was the best thing since sliced bread. What guy wouldn't want some girl that he thinks is attractive calling him constantly and telling him how much she wants him? And telling him how funny he is, how attractive, how he's just perfection on earth. Any person would want that I think.

And I forgot how much I actually enjoy pursuing a guy and being the hunter, rather than being the one hunted. In college, I did most of my hunting and I was much happier that way. And my aggressive hunter skills have only been honed working in corporate America, so it's a role I kind of enjoy playing anyway.

My friends will tell you that when I get an idea into my head, I usually just go for it. When I see what I want, I go out and get it. Why wait around if you know that's what you want. And red-haired guy is definitely somebody I want right now, big time. For how long, I don't know. But in the meantime, I am reliving my college days and am having a blast being the aggressive girl who my best friend and first love dubbed "his little royal canadian mounty" because he said "I always got my man."

No comments: