Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, September 12, 2004

I took the enneagram test four years ago, and I tested as an enneagram personality type four - The Artist, creative, intuitive, introverted depressive, with a Five wing, The Thinker, perceptive, analytic, eccentric, paranoid.

I felt so depressed this weekend. I had anxiety coursing through my body since Friday. I haven't had an anxiety attack in years. Breaking up with someone is so hard. It brings out every abandonment experience in my past. It doesn't matter if I was breaking up with someone because it was the best and right thing for me to do, I still feel abandoned.

In my depressive state, I read my enneagram book and here's one of the recommendations for personality type four that I should follow for my writing.

Avoid putting off things until you are "in the right mood." Commit yourself to productive, meaningful work that will contribute to your good and that of others, no matter how small the contribution may be. Working consistently in the real world will create a context in which you can discover yourself and your talents. (Actually, you are happiest when you are working - that is, activating your potentials and realizing yourself.) You will not "find yourself" in a vacuum or while waiting for inspiration to strike, so connect, - and stay connected - with the real world.

No comments: