Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, March 26, 2005

What's a girl to do on Saturday while cleaning up, but bid on expensive french shoes. Here's what New York Metro has to say about the Stephane Kelian shoes I just bid on and won for about $25:

Shoes, Women
The art crowd swears by these dowdy-chic, fuss-free shoes that are edgy enough to be seen on the gallery circuit and sensible enough to walk around in—like suede ankle boots ($555) and leather boots with an accented heel ($585).

Another web page I found has this to say about these shoes:

It's not easy to design shoes that keep Parisians looking casually chic and ahead of the next trend, but Stephane Kelian continues to do just that. The shoes balance a European minimalist, fashion-forward style with a comfort and practicality that keep Parisians walking all day long. Kelian shoes are sturdy, but beautiful--not for the princess who likes to totter around on spindly heels. Both the shoes and the store, located right off Rodeo Drive, reflect a clean and modern style. The helpful staff will assist you in narrowing down the search for a pair of shoes, usually gorgeous, buttery leather creations, that will have you placing your best foot forward.

I bought a pair of black loafers with a 2.25 inch heel, which normally retailed for about $400.

Red-headed boy was a shoe salesguy and he thought I was wearing a pair of these. I didn't even know what he was talking about till I googled the shoes and found out they were very expensive french shoes that you can only buy in shops in LA and NYC. I was wearing a pair of 3 year old black Dansko sandals by the way when he said this which cost me under $100 and are shoes Dansko doesn't even carry anymore.

Well, now I have a pair and I bought them on Ebay for $25. I'm bidding on another pair as well just for fun.

No comments: