Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, March 27, 2005

I finally ordered and received my copy of "Harry Potter and The Order of Phoenix." I wanted to read it before the new book comes out. I only read the British version, and my copy from amazon.co.uk cost me $30. Gotta love that falling US dollar.

While driving around today I saw a gas station with gas at $2.57. I'm so glad I don't drive to work anymore. One journalist I read today said that they didn't know why people were moaning and groanig over the price of gas, when they willing to play the same amount of money for daily designer coffee.

Speaking of designer coffee, are times getting desperate for Starfbombs? They were giving away freebies the other day. They never do stuff like that. A favorite jewelry store closed their branch in Pacific Heights. I was surprised because the store was always so packed, but I guess there were not enough people buying.

We went out to brunch today in Pacific Heights and it wasn't even crowded. No place looked crowded actually which was shocking because usually Easter Sunday is a big brunch out day. Either people aren't eating out as much or they're eating at home.

My family always had a huge feast on Easter. We'd be doing the not eating meat thing every Friday, so on Easter Sunday we pigged out and ate tons of ham. Some childhood traditions never die. I still buy myself a new easter outfit to wear to church, the way my mother did in my childhood. But I had a filet mignon steak and swiss chard yesterday instead of ham for my pre-easter meal. But I did have an omelette with ham, goat cheese, bacon and avocado this morning. Goat cheese in a omelette is divine by the way!

No comments: