Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, July 01, 2024

Day 181 Bible Readings - Acts 20: 22-24 (ESV)

2 Kings 1-2, Acts 20, Psalm 100

Acts 20: 22-24 (ESV)

“And now, behold, I am going to Jerusalem, constrained by the Spirit, not knowing what will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies to me in every city that imprisonment and afflictions await me. But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.”

Verses 22 through 24 from Acts 20 made me tear up. The Holy Spirit let Paul know that he would be imprisoned, but he still decided to go because he wanted to finish his ministry to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. What Paul did not know was that even in imprisonment, he would be able to minister to the churches he started and that in the future Christians around the world would be reading his letters to his churches.

Paul had to have absolute trust in God that whatever happened to him, it was all a part of God’s plan and that his life would be serve God’s purpose. These verses made me appreciate Paul even more because 1) he had an ongoing relationship with the Holy Spirit, and 2) whatever fears Paul had he put them aside because he was so determined to finish the task that Jesus gave him.

No comments: