Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, July 15, 2024

Spent the weekend in Tucson and getting caught up

I was invited to spend the weekend in Tucson with family in a rented house. The house was beautiful with a pool, and Tucson was so much cooler than Phoenix. It was nice to sit outside at night because it was only in the 90's instead of in the 100s. We swam in the small pool and it was nice to cool down in the water. 

However when I'm on vacation, I get behind in my Bible readings. I don't get to see my family all that often, so I feel like I need to spend as much time with as possible when I'm with them. I do read the Bible readings for the day, but I always seem to never have the time to think about what part of the daily Bible readings spoke to me. 

So I'm getting caught up on my Bible readings, which is nice after the traumatic and shocking events over the weekend. Fires in San Carlos which destroyed many homes. I spent a weekend in March doing volunteer work in San Carlos, so these fires made me sad. The people I met in San Carlos were so nice. And the assassination attempt of former President Donald Trump. I am thankful I have a God that protects our leaders from evil. Reading the Bible reminds to have peace in the midst of chaotic and shocking times. 

No comments: