Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, July 08, 2024

Day 188 Bible Reading – Acts 26: 4-8 (ESV)

2 Kings 14: 23-29, 2 Kings 15, Acts 25: 23-27, Acts 26: 1-23, Psalm 104: 1-18

Acts 26: 4-8 (ESV)

“My manner of life from my youth, spent from the beginning among my own nation and in Jerusalem, is known by all the Jews. They have known for a long time, if they are willing to testify, that according to the strictest party of our religion I have lived as a Pharisee. And now I stand here on trial because of my hope in the promise made by God to our fathers, to which our twelve tribes hope to attain, as they earnestly worship night and day. And for this hope I am accused by Jews, O king! Why is it thought incredible by any of you that God raises the dead?”

Verses 4 through 8 from Acts 25 shows Paul’s argument on how his belief in Jesus Christ was not inconsistent with his Jewish faith. Paul was raised as a Pharisee, and the Pharisees unlike the Sadducees believed in the resurrection of the dead and the afterlife. Biblical scholars contend that in Paul’s heart and mind, Paul believed that he remained a faithful Pharisee who was convinced of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Paul’s story of his what happened on the road to Damascus proved to him that Jesus had been resurrected from the dead. Paul argued that he was following what the resurrected Jesus had said to him.

I’ve always loved the story of Paul’s conversion on the road to Damascus, but I never knew about how he was able to reconcile what happened to him and his Jewish faith. God had picked the perfect person in Paul to spread the gospel to the jews and the gentiles, because Paul had reconciled within himself how his faith in Jesus Christ was not in opposition to his Jewish faith. Because Paul knew his own mind so well, he was a great evangelizer and was able to lead so many people to Christ who were also struggling to come to the terms with the resurrection of Christ.

No comments: