Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Day 190 Bible Readings – Acts 27: 22-26 (ESV)

2 Kings 18, 2 Kings 19: 1-13, Acts 27: 13-44, Psalm 104: 31-35

Acts 27: 22-26 (ESV)

“Yet now I urge you to take heart, for there will be no loss of life among you, but only of the ship. For this very night there stood before me an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I worship, and he said, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul; you must stand before Caesar. And behold, God has granted you all those who sail with you.’ So take heart, men, for I have faith in God that it will be exactly as I have been told. But we must run aground on some island.”

Verses 22 through 26 from Acts 27 shows Paul talking to the people on the ship about what God had told him. He tells the men that they will survive but the ship will not survive. He also tells them that they must run aground on some island. From the words God spoke, it sounds like Paul had prayed not only for his safety but also for the safety of the men on the ship. I love how Paul only had confidence in the words of God, but he had no confidence in the sailors on the ship.

At the of Acts 27, the ship did run aground on an island fulfilling the words of God. Even when we are in the most dire of circumstances, God can bring us to safety.

No comments: