Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, July 29, 2024

Day 209 Bible Readings – 1 Chronicles 4: 9-10 (ESV)

1 Chronicles 4: 9-43, 1 Chronicles 5, Romans 11: 11-36, Psalm 112

1 Chronicles 4: 9-10 (ESV)

“Jabez was more honorable than his brothers; and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, “Because I bore him in pain.” Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm so that it might not bring me pain!” And God granted what he asked.”

Verses 9 through 10 from 1 Chronicles 4 talks about Jabez, who was descended from the tribe of Judah. Jabez prayed to God that he would always be with him and to keep him from harm so that the harm would not bring him pain. When I was at a very low point in my life several years ago, I discovered the prayer of Jabez in several songs. I used to listen to these songs every day, sometimes for hours, and it brought me out of what was a short season of depression in my life. Sometimes I would cry uncontrollably when I listened to these songs of the prayer of Jabez. Whatever I was going through during this season of depression, listening to the prayer of Jabez in song brought me so much comfort. I don’t much listen to the album anymore, but I have it in case a season of depression comes upon me again.

The album I listed is called “The Prayer of Jabez: Music … A Worship Experience” – The Prayer of Jabez album

If you are in need to listen to worship music during a season of depression, I recommend this album.

You can also find it on YouTube - 


No comments: