Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, July 21, 2024

Day 200 Bible Readings for July 20 – Amos 8: 11-12 (ESV)

Amos 8-9, Romans 5: 12-21, Psalm 107: 10-22

Amos 8: 11-12 (ESV)

“Behold, the days are coming,” declares the Lord God, “when I will send a famine on the land—not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord. They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the Lord, but they shall not find it.”

Verses 11 through 12 from Amos 8 is the prophet Amos telling us that not hearing the words of the lord is worse than not having enough to eat and drink. And even when we seek the word of the Lord, we will not find it. I was moved when I read these verses from Amos 8 because I had an experience with losing thousands of dollars worth of lectures I bought and paid for when I recently transferred them to a new computer drive. I was devastated by the loss because of the money I had spent, but I also realized that this was a lesson from God. I had been so worried about losing these physical things that I had collected, and when I did lose them, I realized that it wasn’t the worse thing that could have happened to me. I had lost money for sure, but I knew I could with time rebuy these lectures again. God taught me that losing physical things is nothing compared to losing my faith in God.

No comments: