Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, July 25, 2024

Day 205 Bible Readings – Romans 8: 26-27 (ESV)

Hosea 10 & 11, Romans 8: 18-39, Psalm 109: 1-20

Romans 8: 26-27 (ESV)

“Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.”

Verses 26 and 27 from Romans 8 shows Paul describing how the Holy Spirit helps us. Christ said he will send the Holy Spirit to help us with prayers to God. Paul tells us the Holy Spirit intercedes for us when we don’t know what to or how to pray for what we want. I have been learning this year to rely on the Holy Spirit for prayers and to ask the Holy Spirit for guidance. I used pray only to God and Jesus Christ only and thinking of them as interchangeable, until my pastor preached on reaching out to the Holy Spirit earlier this year. It feels like I now have extra help when talking to God. Now that I couldn’t talk to God on my own, but it’s nice having the Holy Spirit there as well to convey everything that I cannot say or forget to say. Jesus Christ said there is a trinity of God, himself, and the Holy Spirit, and I now know exactly what he meant.

No comments: