Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Day 263 Bible Readings - John 12:35-36 (NLT)

John 11-12, Psalm 108

John 12:35-36 (NLT)

“Jesus replied, ‘My light will shine for you just a little longer. Walk in the light while you can, so the darkness will not overtake you. Those who walk in the darkness cannot see where they are going. Put your trust in the light while there is still time; then you will become children of the light.’”

In John 12:35–36, Jesus replied to the crowd after they questioned Him about how the Messiah could live forever when He had told them about His coming death. Christ told the crowd to believe in the light while they still had the opportunity. If they continued walking in darkness, they would not know where they were going. Jesus told the crowd to put their trust in the light so they could become children of light.

These verses remind believers of the urgency of following Christ. When we believe in the Lord, we no longer have to walk in spiritual darkness without direction. Through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, Father-God provides direction and helps us discern the path He wants us to follow. Believing in Christ also gives us a new identity as children of light, whose lives should increasingly reflect the character of the Lord.

What I like about these verses is that they reinforce my belief that the Lord has always been the light in my life. The guidance of the Holy Spirit has helped me overcome the darkness that I sometimes feel in my life. The Holy Spirit has also provided me with direction in my decisions and actions when I prayed for guidance, and sometimes even when I didn't ask for the Lord's help. The light of the Lord has also helped me develop what Paul describes in Ephesians 5 as the fruit of light: goodness, righteousness, and truth. These verses also remind me of one of my favorite verses in the Bible: “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it” (John 1:5).

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who brings light to the world so we no longer have to walk in darkness—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: