Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, September 11, 2026

Day 252 Bible Readings - Mark 5:35-36 (NLT)

Mark 5-6, Psalm 97

Mark 5:35-36 (NLT)

“While he was still speaking to her, messengers arrived from the home of Jairus, the leader of the synagogue. They told him, ‘Your daughter is dead. There’s no use troubling the Teacher now.’ But Jesus overheard them and said to Jairus, ‘Don’t be afraid. Just have faith.’”

In Mark 5:35–36, while Jairus was listening to Jesus speak to the woman He had healed, messengers arrived and told him that his daughter was dead. Jesus overheard them and told Jairus not to be afraid, but to have faith.

These verses show what can happen when you've prayed or believed Father-God for something and circumstances appear to get worse rather than better. Jairus had already demonstrated his faith by coming to Jesus and falling at His feet, despite being a leader of the synagogue. But then he heard the news that his daughter had died, and Jesus told him not to be afraid. Christ told Jairus to have faith instead of giving in to fear. Jairus kept walking with Christ to see his daughter, demonstrating that he continued to trust Him even after receiving devastating news.

When I read these verses, I asked myself, what would my trust look like if the news I received told me there was no longer any reason to hope? Could I continue trusting Father-God when what I see seems to contradict what I'm believing? Would I have the faith of Jairus and keep walking with and believing in the Lord? I know my faith has increased with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and I continue to pray that my trust in Father-God will increase over the years.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who encourages us to trust Him rather than give in to fear—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: