Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, September 08, 2026

Day 249 Bible Readings - Matthew 28:5-6 (NLT)

Matthew 27-28, Psalm 94

Matthew 28:5-6 (NLT)

“Then the angel spoke to the women. ‘Don’t be afraid!’ he said. “I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen. Come, see where his body was lying.”

In Matthew 28:5–6, an angel appeared to Mary Magdalene and the other Mary, who had come to visit the tomb of Jesus Christ. The angel told the women not to be afraid. Then he told them that Jesus wasn't in the tomb because He had risen from the dead, just as He had said. The angel invited the women to see the place where Jesus had been laid.

Jesus told His disciples many times that He would be killed and raised again, but they struggled to understand and accept it. The disciples couldn't see how Jesus' death could fit with everything they believed about Him and all the miracles they had seen. But what looked like a catastrophic defeat on Friday with the crucifixion of Christ became something entirely different on Sunday when Jesus was resurrected.

These verses remind me that my inability to understand what Father-God is doing doesn't mean that He isn't working. Jesus told His disciples what would happen, but they couldn't fully understand it until after the resurrection. I need to trust the Lord even when I cannot yet see how the pieces of His plan fit together. Father-God remains faithful even when I don't understand what He's doing.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who remains faithful even when we don't understand what He's doing—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: