Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, September 21, 2026

Day 262 Bible Readings - John 10:25-27 (NLT)

John 9-10, Psalm 107

John 10:25-27 (NLT)

“Jesus replied, “I have already told you, and you don’t believe me. The proof is the work I do in my Father’s name. But you don’t believe me because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.”

In John 10:25–27, Jesus was surrounded by people asking Him questions as He walked through a section of the Temple called Solomon's Colonnade during Hanukkah. They asked Him to tell them plainly whether He was the Messiah. Jesus told them that He had already answered them, but they did not believe Him even though the works He performed in His Father's name testified about who He was. Then Christ said they did not believe because they were not His sheep. His sheep listen to His voice; He knows them, and they follow Him.

These verses remind believers that the people questioning Jesus had been given abundant evidence of who He was through His teachings and His works, yet they still did not believe. One Bible commentary I read noted that their unbelief was a rejection of the testimony given through the teachings and works of Jesus. Following Jesus requires an open heart and a willingness to accept the truth that Jesus is the Son of Father-God. Believing in Christ also means listening to His teachings and learning to discern the voice of the Lord. Jesus knows those who belong to Him, and His sheep listen to His voice and follow Him.

What stood out to me in these verses is that I cannot claim devotion to the Lord without also seeing Christ as the Good Shepherd who knows me and calls me by name. I need to be a “good sheep” who listens to the guidance of the Holy Spirit and receives His revelation of truth concerning Father-God. A good sheep depends upon the Lord for direction, protection, and provision. I need to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, obey the Lord's commands, and regularly engage with Scripture and prayer so that I can increasingly recognize His guidance.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the Good Shepherd who knows His sheep and cares for them—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: