Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Day 257 Bible Readings - Mark 15:37-39 (NLT)

Mark 15-16, Psalm 102

Mark 15:37-39 (NLT)

“Then Jesus uttered another loud cry and breathed his last. And the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. When the Roman officer who stood facing him saw how he had died, he exclaimed, ‘This man truly was the Son of God!’”

In Mark 15:37–39, we read what happened when Jesus died. At the moment of Christ's death, the massive inner curtain of the Temple was torn in two from top to bottom. Then a Roman centurion who was standing in front of Jesus and saw how He died exclaimed, “Surely this man was the Son of God!”

These verses show believers that even in His death, extraordinary signs accompanied Jesus. The inner veil separated the Holy Place from the Most Holy Place and was passed beyond only by the high priest once each year on the Day of Atonement, when he entered bearing sacrificial blood. But when Jesus died, the veil was torn from top to bottom. The direction of the tear emphasizes that this was not presented as an ordinary human act. The Roman centurion was there as part of his duty overseeing the execution. He was not one of Jesus' followers, yet when he saw how Jesus died, he declared that Christ was the Son of God. Whatever the centurion witnessed in Jesus' death moved him to make this remarkable declaration.

What I like about these verses is that Christ's life and death were characterized by signs and wonders. Wherever He went, Christ miraculously healed people, and many witnessed His miracles. When Jesus died, the Temple veil was torn in two from top to bottom. And a pagan Roman officer, who witnessed Jesus dying on an instrument of death and torture, declared that Jesus was the Son of God. I pray daily that I never forget that I serve a God of signs, wonders, and miracles and worship in a church where I believe He is still working through signs, wonders, and miracles today.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One whose power and identity were revealed even through His death and who is still at work today—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: