Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, September 06, 2026

Day 246 Bible Readings for September 6 - Matthew 22:12-14 (NLT)

Matthew 21-22, Psalm 91

Matthew 22:12-14 (NLT)

“And he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you get in here without wedding clothes?’ But he had nothing to say. Then the king said to his attendants, ‘Tie him up hand and foot and throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth!’ For many are called, but few are chosen.”

In Matthew 22:12–14, Jesus speaks about how the kingdom of heaven can be compared to the king in the parable of the wedding feast. The king noticed that there was a man at the wedding feast who was not wearing wedding clothes. Some Bible commentators note that appropriate garments were expected at a wedding feast, and some suggest that the host may have provided garments for the guests. When the king asked the man why he had entered without wedding clothes, the man had no answer. The king then told his attendants to remove the man from the feast. Jesus concluded the parable by saying, “For many are called, but few are chosen.”

These verses have always puzzled me because, in the earlier verses, the king asked his servants to go into the streets and invite everyone they could find to the wedding feast. I used to think it wasn't the man's fault that he wasn't properly dressed and that the king treated him harshly. But after reading several Bible commentaries, I understand the man's clothing as representing his response to the king's invitation. He accepted the invitation to attend the feast but was unwilling to honor the king and his son appropriately.

These verses remind me that while the Lord offers the gift of salvation, responding to His invitation involves more than simply identifying myself as a believer. I need to come to Father-God with a repentant heart and allow the Holy Spirit to transform and guide me. The Bible tells us that the Lord searches everyone's heart, and our outward appearance cannot hide the true condition of our hearts from Him. I felt the Holy Spirit impress upon me that I must continually examine my actions and ask whether they glorify the Lord.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who invites us into a genuine relationship with Him and transforms our lives from the inside out—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: