Matthew 23-24, Psalm 92
Matthew 23:27-28 (NLT)
“Woe to you, experts in the law and you Pharisees, hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs that look beautiful on the outside but inside are full of the bones of the dead and of everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you look righteous to people, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.”
In Matthew 23:27–28, Jesus chastises the scribes and Pharisees, calling them hypocrites. They practiced strict observance of religious traditions, but Christ said they were like whitewashed tombs. They had visible acts of devotion, ritual observance, and public displays of righteousness, but Jesus said that inwardly they were full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. They appeared righteous to other people, but the Lord knew what was hidden within them.
Jesus was judging religious leaders who had standing with the public but were inwardly corrupt. The scribes interpreted and taught the Law of Moses, and the Pharisees were known for their strict observance of religious traditions. Christ said that although they appeared righteous externally, their outward religious actions could not make their hearts righteous. They presented themselves one way on the outside while concealing what was really inside.
These verses remind me that Father-God isn't interested only in whether my behavior appears righteous to other people. He sees my heart. I need the Holy Spirit to help transform me from the inside so that my outward behavior genuinely reflects what Father-God is doing within me. Instead of asking only whether my actions look Christian to other people, I need to ask the Holy Spirit what is happening inside my heart that produces those actions. I need to allow Father-God to change me so deeply that, increasingly, my outward behavior becomes the natural fruit of what He has changed inside me.
If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who wants to transform you from the inside out—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.
Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.
If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.
S. Brenda Elfgirl - I was told I am an elf in a parallel life, and I live in the Arizona desert exploring what this means. I've had this blog for a while and I write about the things that interest me. My spiritual teacher told me that my journey in life is about balancing "the perfect oneness of a sweetness heart and the effulgent soul". My inner and outer lives are like parallel lines that will one day meet, but only when there is a new way of thinking. Read on as I try to find the balance.
Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment