Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Day 256 Bible Readings - Mark 14:35-36 (NLT)

Mark 13-14, Psalm 101

Mark 14:35-36 (NLT)

“He went on a little farther and fell to the ground. He prayed that, if it were possible, the awful hour awaiting him might pass him by. ‘Abba, Father,’ he cried out, ‘everything is possible for you. Please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.’”

In Mark 14:35–36, Jesus went to a place called Gethsemane with His disciples and then took Peter, James, and John farther with Him. He left the three nearby, fell to the ground, and prayed that, if possible, He might not have to endure what was coming. Christ knew Father-God's will, but what He faced still caused Him great distress. At the end of His prayer, Jesus did not resist Father-God's will but willingly submitted His own will to the Father.

In these verses, Jesus doesn't pretend He wants the suffering that He knows is coming. Christ's surrender means that although He wanted to avoid the suffering of the cross, He was willing to accept Father-God's will even when it was different from what He wanted. Jesus' surrender in Gethsemane isn't abstract. His obedience will cost Him physically. Christ modeled for believers what surrender can look like when what we want isn't what the Lord wants for us.

Could I tell Father-God honestly what I want while still being able to say, “Not what I will, but what You will”? This kind of surrender is more profound than simply giving up things or actions that I know are wrong or sinful. Can I surrender my will to the Lord even when I desperately want something different? In this kind of surrender, honesty and surrender coexist. I pray for the guidance of the Holy Spirit to help me daily understand what it actually means for me to give Father-God all of me.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who models for us what true surrender means—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: