Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, August 01, 2024

Day 211 Bible Readings for July 31 – Romans 13: 8-10 (ESV)

1 Chronicles 7 & 8, Romans 13, Psalm 114

Romans 13: 8-10 (ESV)

“Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”  Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.”

Verses 8 through 10 from Romans 13 are Paul’s recommendation for how to live life as a Christian. If we have faith in Jesus Christ, we need to love one another or as is written “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” If we just love one another, we will fulfill all of God’s laws including the laws in the ten commandments. I like how Paul explains “loving your neighbor as you love yourself.” I try to live my life this way. I try to treat people as I like and want to be treated. I don’t always succeed, but that is my intention when I interact with other people. I don’t wish bad things on people when they don’t agree with me or persecute me. I know what it is like to be mistreated and persecute unfairly, so I try not to mistreat or persecute other people. I think Holy Spirit is trying to teach me to everything that happens to me in my life as part of God’s plan, to always look at each event or circumstance as a gift from the God. There’s a treasure if you look for it in any event or circumstance no matter how awful. But you need much faith in God to think this way, and that is perhaps part of the teaching for me from the Holy Spirit.

No comments: