Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, August 11, 2024

Day 222 Bible Readings – 1 Corinthians 6: 19-20 (ESV)

Ecclesiastes 1-3, 1 Corinthians 6, Psalm 119: 25-32

1 Corinthians 6: 19-20 (ESV)

“Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

Verses 19 and 20 from 1 Corinthians 6 shows Paul reminding us that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirt, and comes from God. Paul also reminds us that because our body is a temple for the Holy Spirit, this means our body belongs to God and not to us. Since our body belongs to God and is a temple for the Holy Spirit to dwell in, we need to treat our body with respect and take care of it. I think a helpful analogy would be to treat your body how you would treat your Bible. You take of your Bible and make sure it does not get damaged. We need to treat our bodies in the same or better. Thinking that the Holy Spirit dwells within us make us pause and think about we’re doing and ask ourselves, does what I’m about to damage my temple in any way. A friend from a long time ago once told me that I need pause before any action I take and ask myself, if Jesus were in the room would I still be doing the action? I didn’t always follow that advice, but now it makes so much sense to me. Would you be proud of any action you take if God was watching you? If you can’t answer an immediate Yes, then you probably need to think before you take that action.

No comments: